Maryland Website Designers Named One of Top 100 Small Businesses
Churchville, MD — On Friday, February 8th, WebIXI learned that we are one of 100 small businesses in the country to win the U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s “2013 Blue Ribbon Award!”.
The Blue Ribbon Small Business Award is one of the highest honors given annually to companies by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
“The Blue Ribbon Award winners show that, even facing uncertainty and economic challenges, small businesses can grow and succeed,” said Thomas J. Donohue, U.S. Chamber president and CEO. “They are America’s economic engine, driving growth and job creation all across this country.”
“The Chamber celebrates the outstanding achievements of these award winners and is proud to recognize them for the positive impact they are making in their communities.” continued Donohue. “These small businesses are wonderful examples of the American Dream at work in our nation.”
More about WebIXI:
- Each month we provide a 90-minute training session on topics ranging from Email Marketing to Search Engine Optimization. The sessions are free to attend, with a requested donation to our participating Harford County non-profit for that month.
- We also provide our website design and search engine optimization services at a reduced rate to local non profits, including, but not limited to: Arc Northern Chesapeake Region, Chesapeake Heritage Conservancy, Harford County Child Advocacy Center, Harford County Farm Fair, Harford County United Methodist Churches, Harford Family House, The Lock House Museum, Mason-Dixon Community Services, MD Agriculture Education Foundation, MD Children’s Alliance, and the Sharing Hope Foundation.
- Beginning on March 1, 2013, WebIXI is spearheading a Nonprofit Advisory Group, to be held every two weeks to provide local nonprofits with access to resources and a forum to share success and strategies.
- For the past two years, in mid-March, we’ve coordinated a nonprofit fund raising Happy Hour at Looney’s Pub in Bel Air.
- WebIXI spearheaded the Small Business Survival Summit in September, 2011 at the Baltimore Convention Center. The mission of the Small Business Survival Summit was to shine a light on the role that the American Small Business must take in our economic recovery and mobilize attendees to lead the way. Speakers included Rudy Giuliani and Dr. Ben Carson.
- At the 2011 Small Business Survival Summit, WebIXI foot the entire bill for the MD Children’s Alliance fundraising banquet, including meals and the speaker’s fee for Dr. Carson.
- Also in 2011, working a social media campaign on Facebook, we helped Harford Family House secure a $30,000 grant in Liberty Mutual’s “Like My Community” program. In 2012, we helped the Harford County Spousal Abuse Resource Center (SARC) win the same award.
- WebIXI is active in the Harford County Chamber of Commerce, Bel Air Downtown Alliance, Business Resource Network, and Harford Business Partners. Patrick and PJ Chambers are both graduates of the Harford Leadership Academy (Class of 1996 and 2008 respectively). Patrick graduated from the Cecil Leadership Academy in 1998.
- PJ Chambers currently sits on the board for the Friends of the Harford County Child Advocacy Center (the fundraising arm for The Harford Child Advocacy Center).